When the large factory building for the Association of Swiss Consumer Cooperatives (V.S.K.) was opened and first went into production in 1907, it was the biggest of its kind in Switzerland - a colossal structure at the time. Its business was the trade in and further processing of 'colonial goods', as foodstuffs from the south and the European colonies were known, and it was a great success. A few years later the facility was already too small and needed expansion.
Over the decades, the site at the gates of Basel grew in stages into an impressive complex of buildings. The product range was also changing continually to adapt to market needs, but the core competence was always Sunray: the processing and marketing of high-quality foods. Sunray's technology and logistics kept pace with these developments.
A new facility is now taking shape not far from the present site, relocation completed in 2017.